ACA'2002 Checklist, Ilias S. Kotsireas,
Created on Wed. June 6, 2001
1st Update: Sun. Sept 23, 2001
2nd Update: Wed. March 6, 2002
3rd Update: Tue. July 16, 2002 (edited for the next ACA)
4th Update: Mon. Aug 5, 2002
- University/Institution logo
- Conference name (ACA'****)
- Participant's name
- Participant's university/institution
- Conference Registration package
- Conference Program (template LaTeX/EXCEL file available)
- Tourist leaflets describing the area
- Maps of the area/city/country
- Pens (probably furnished by some of the sponsors)
- Paper pads (probably furnished by some of the sponsors)
- Something commemorating the conference
- Organize the Conference Gala or Dinner
- Tombola ? distribute tickets to win gifts (calculators books etc.)
- Live Music ? group will perform for 30 min ?
- Provide directions to the Gala/Dinner place or
book transportation to and from the place.
- Short speeches ?
Arrange the conference bank account for participants to send the registration money.
- Catering: Lunches & Coffee Breaks for 4 days
- Book the amphitheater & other rooms for the parallel sessions
- Designate a person responsible for equipment maintenance
(overhead projectors & data projectors)
- Organize the Sightseeing Excursions
- Send out the First Announcement and Call for Sessions
- Send out the Second Announcement and Call for Sessions
- Web page maintenance
- Fill in information as it becomes available
- Improve parts of the pages (travel, city information etc) following suggestions/comments
- Verify that the existing information (e.g. instructions for Visas) is correct and update it if necessary
- List of suggested restaurants in the area
(typically, participants will want to have dinner in town a couple of times)
- Write letters to publishing houses ( Wiley, Academic Press, McGraw Hill ... )
to organize book exhibitions
- Write letters to potential academic, corporate and goverment sponsors ( NSF, TI, Maple, ...)
- Impose the conference dates to other related conferences, to avoid overlaps
- Find good session organizers
- Arrange for a university/goverment representative to come and address a greeting ?
- Print/Laminate signs ( conference name, conference logo, up-down-left-right arrows )
that will be posted around the conference rooms to direct participants.
- Make arrangements for participants to have internet access
(e-mail lab, special deal at nearby internet cafe)
- Fix the conference registration fees (early, late, on site, students)
Decide what exactly the registration fees will cover.
- Create a conference e-mail alias.
Answer the messages sent to that e-mail.
- Take photos and conference group photo for the web site.
- Add new items to this checklist!
For more information please send e-mail to