Pure Mathematics three-year Visiting Assistant Professor, beginning Fall of 2020
Post date: Sunday, October 6, 2019 - 21:56
Visiting Assistant Professor in Pure Math 2019
The Department seeks to hire a 3 year Visiting Assistant Professor in Pure Mathematics to begin August 17, 2020.
Preference will be given to those candidates whose research interests match those of our current Pure Mathematics faculty. The ability to collaborate and interact scientifically with others is also desirable.
The faculty member will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in Pure Mathematics.
We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to diversity through their teaching and research. An interest in mathematics education is a plus.
1. A Ph.D. in mathematics by the appointment start date.
1. A strong independent research program and an emerging national/international reputation, or in the case of very junior candidates, expectation of such;
2. A strong commitment to teaching and the expectation of quality teaching ability with an interest in mathematics education;
3. Expected contributions to research in areas of interest to the Department. Ability to collaborate and interact scientifically with others.
4. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
New Mexico is a majority minority state, and the University of New Mexico has a majority minority undergraduate population. Both the university and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics in particular have a strong commitment to cultural diversity. So candidates should have the ability to work effectively with a culturally and cognitively diverse community. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply visit the UNMJobs website: https://unmjobs.unm.edu
Please reference Req10581. A completed application requires an application letter, CV, teaching and research statements. Applicants must also arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent by surface mail to:
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Pure Math Search Committee
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
For best consideration applications, including three letters of recommendation, should be received by December 1, however the position will remain open until filled.
UNM’s confidentiality policy (“Recruitment and Hiring” Policy ♯ 3210), which includes information about public disclosure of documents submitted by applicants,
is located at: http://policy.unm.edu/university-policies/3000/3210.html
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator